Legal Adviser Post | Last Date: 30-Nov-2023
KPSC Recruitment in Karnataka
- December 2023
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the Public Service Commission of the State of Karnataka, responsible for administering a state-level civil service examination for multiple positions. The examination is administered by various governmental entities to recruit candidates for various positions.
Commercial Tax Inspector Post | Vacancy 15 | Last Date: 30-Oct-2023
Assistant Employment Officer | Vacancy 01 | Last Date: 07-Oct-2023
The examination consists of three phases: preliminary, main, and interview. To reach the final level of the selection procedure, a candidate must pass all three phases :
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type):
- The preliminary Exam consists of Multiple-choice questions.
- There will be negative markings in which 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
2. Mains Examination (Descriptive Type Questions):
- Only candidates who qualify for the Prelims can appear for the Mains.
- The written test consists of descriptive-type questions.
- The KPSC Mains examination consists of a total of nine papers: two qualifying papers, four general papers, and two optional papers.
- Candidates are only invited for the personal interview once they have successfully passed the Mains examination and achieved the minimum required certification mark.
3. Final Interview:
- The personal interview is the final stage of recruiting for the KPSC. The candidates who have passed both the preliminary exam and the main exam are the ones who move on to the interview session.
Preliminary Examination (Objective Type):
|Paper I- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||General Studies (National and International)||40 Marks|
|Paper-II- (100 MCQs of 2 marks each)||General Studies (State)||40 Marks|
|Science and Technology, Environment and Ecology||30 Marks|
|General Mental Ability (Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Problem Solving, Data Interpretation)- 10th Standard level||30 Marks|
Syllabus of Prelims Paper 1
- Current Affairs- National and International Importance
- Indian History- History of Karnataka and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography along with the Geography of Karnataka
- Polity and Indian Economy- Political System of India and Economic Reforms
Syllabus of Prelims Paper 2
- Current affairs and current events related to the state of Karnataka
- Important schemes of the Karnataka State Government
- General Mental Ability- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation, Charts, Graphs, Tables, Comprehension, Logical Reasoning.
- Broad Understanding of topics from General Science and Technology
- Ecology and Environment- Biodiversity, Climate Change, Health, Ecology, etc.
- The applicant for the examination must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must be between 21 and 35 years old.
- The applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized university.